Long Island Young Soloist Competition
Rules and Requirements
* Open to all instruments and voice types up to 18 years old.
* Repertoire: any two pieces of contestant’s choice up to 6 minutes.
* Application must be received by August 4, 2023.
* Either online application or completed application must be received by August 4, 2023
Completed application includes:
- Application form (can be downloaded from our website: https://www.msmnys.com/competition)
- Application Fee (Non-refundable): $60.00
Application fee checks should be made payable to “Merrick School of Music”
Application Materials can be sent:
By Mail: Merrick School of Music, 2323 Merrick Ave,
Merrick, NY 11566
By Email: email@example.com
* Judges’ comments will not be disclosed.
* Accompaniment is not required
* All contestants must perform from memory.
* Auditions start at 6:30 PM on August 24, 2023
* Results will be announced by August 29th, 2023 on our website: https://www.msmnys.com/competition
* All contestants must attend the Award Ceremony/Winners Concert on August 29th, 2023.
All participants who pass the audition will be awarded a certificate and perform at the winner’s concert.
The Top 5 participants will receive a $120 Merrick School of Music scholarship.